Mohammad Abdul-Salam, spokesman for Yemen’s Houthi Ansarullah movement, warned that the United Arab Emirates is still one of the country’s main targets.
Speaking to Lebanon’s Arabic-language al-Mayadeen TV, Abdul-Salam said the UAE is still bombing Yemeni territories, expressing hope that it would retreat from the war-hit country.
“The UAE’s actions in Yemen give us the right to target this country just as we target Saudi Arabia,”he added.
The spokesman further emphasized that the UAE remains part of the target group of the Yemeni army and Popular Committees and that it is unable to withstand attacks such as those targeting Saudi Arabia.
Ansarullah movement and their allies in the Yemeni army deployed as many as 10 drones to bomb Abqaiq and Khurais oil facilities run by the Saudi state-owned oil company Aramco before dawn Saturday.
The unprecedented attacks knocked out more than half of Saudi crude output, or five percent of global supply.
The attacks came in retaliation for the Saudi-led aggression on Yemen.
Yemen’s defenseless people have been under massive attacks by the coalition for more than four years but Riyadh has reached none of its objectives in Yemen so far.
Since March 2015, Saudi Arabia and some of its Arab allies have been carrying out deadly airstrikes against the Houthi Ansarullah movement in an attempt to restore power to fugitive former president Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi, a close ally of Riyadh.
Official UN figures say that more than 15,000 people have been killed in Yemen since the Saudi-led bombing campaign began.
The Saudi war has impacted over seven million children in Yemen who now face a serious threat of famine, according to UNICEF figures. Over 6,000 children have either been killed or sustained serious injuries since 2015, UN children’s agency said. The humanitarian situation in the country has also been exacerbated by outbreaks of cholera, polio, and measles.